As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect those living with mobility-related disabilities and their support networks, the Numotion Foundation has provided needed funding that has helped BACKBONES continue virtual programming for those living with Spinal Cord Injuries/disease.
Funds provided helped BACKBONES provide programming that has been designed to counter feelings of social isolation and lack of personal connections. Program offerings have included:
- February Fitness Challenge with Dare2Tri highlighted by weekly fitness sessions with giveaways to keep attendees engaged and feeling a sense of community
- Advocacy efforts including a panel of disability advocates who spoke about how they started their advocacy journey as well as the issues with which they are currently involved
- Book discussions featuring special guest author, Rebekah Tausing
- Information on creating an accessible home complete with virtual tour of an accessible home and its features with author, Julie Sawchuk
- Adaptive virtual fitness sessions with Vertical Blonde including one month free subscriptions to Vertical Blonde’s weekly workouts for all participants
- Virtual parents of SCI peer support group program
- Leadership programs featuring speakers Jenn Wolf, Mark Johnson, Anne Streit, and more!
To learn more about BACKBONES and those they serve, visit: www.backbonesonline.com